At long last, BISON (v1.0x) is ready to be release and will be hitting the streets from the 1st week in July. A replacement for all current importers and support utilities, including SIMSImporter, PetersImporter, UKMarc and others, BISON provides a heavy-weight utility that allows you to perform background administration of your Pergamon database.
BISON's features include:
- Dynamic Reader and Item import / update facilities for both delimited and fixed-width text files.
- Auto-detecting MARC import facilities.
- Saving of presets and templates for common files, including ready-made presets for common providers such as SIMS and Peters.
- Bulk reader group management for academic end-of-year changes not provided by file.
- Introduction of the Pergamon Package Management system for grouping and tracking of entire segments of the catalogue.
- Receipt and return features for inter-library packages, such as SLS book boxes.
- Stock check management.
BISON is available to School Library Services from Monday 2nd July, with access for school clients soon afterwards.